Pilgrims Hospices, Canterbury Mini Arts Festival
Pilgrims Hospices will be hosting a mini arts festival on Saturday 18th May at their education centre on London Road, Canterbury, bringing together local community groups, artists, health professionals and local businesses to run a series of interactive workshops, talks and information stands, all designed to encourage reflection and conversation around death, dying and bereavement.
The festival will form part of a wider national programme of events for Dying Matters Week 2019, a national campaign which aims to help people talk more openly about dying, death and bereavement and to make plans for the end of life.
Workshops & talks will include:
• Life drawing with Art in Canterbury.
• Singing with the Lemon Zingers.
• Remembrance wreath making with Essentially Hops.
• Alternative funeral ideas workshop with Holly’s Funerals.
• Will writing with Boys & Maughan solicitors.
• The role of a death doula.
• Living with Loss.
• Places for workshops can be booked via pilgrimshospices.org/bigconversation or by calling 01227 812616.