Recipe: Lemon Cheesecake
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 95g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
For the cheesecake
- 740g mascarpone
- 100ml lemon juice, about 2½-3 lemons, 2 lemons, zested
- 40g Lyle’s Golden Syrup and extra to drizzle
- 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Syrup Cane Sugar
For the decoration
- 225g mixed berries, hulled and quartered strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Lyle’s Golden Syrup, to drizzle
- You will also need a loose-bottomed tart or sponge cake tin 22cm x 3.5cm deep, the base lightly buttered.
- Break the biscuits into large pieces and whiz them in a food processor to make fine crumbs then tip into a bowl. Alternatively, put them in 2 plastic bags and crush using a rolling pin.
- Put the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan until melted then pour over the biscuits and stir until combined. Spoon into the tin and press out to make a level base. Chill while you make the topping.
- Mix the mascarpone, lemon juice, zest, golden syrup and sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Carefully spoon the mixture over the biscuit base, smooth the surface with a palette knife then return to the fridge and chill for a further 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving to allow the crust to soften a little. Lift the cheesecake out of its tin then use a flat-bladed knife to remove it from the base. Transfer to a plate, arrange the fruits decoratively on top, drizzle over a little golden syrup and serve.
Our delicious recipes are by Lyle's Golden Syrup. For more great ideas, visit www.lylesgoldensyrup.com